Can I be a GREENLIGHT Mentor?
If you meet the below criteria you could become a volunteer mentor with GREENLIGHT!
- Are you interested in mentoring a disadvantaged young person?
- Do you have a positive attitude and want to give back to your community?
- Can you drive a manual vehicle?
- Are you aged over 25 years old?
- Can you spare 2 hours a week to help a young person reach their goal?
Steps to becoming a mentor:
- Complete and submit an application form
- The GREENLIGHT Coordinator will call you to arrange an interview and explain the program in more detail
- After your interview the GREENLIGHT Coordinator will pair you with a mentee
- Decide on a regular weekly 2 hour session time that suits both you and your mentee
- Book the car in the GREENLIGHT calendar (you will be given login details once you become a mentor)
- Supervise your mentee once a week for 2 hours in the GREENLIGHT vehicle